An Overview of Thai Long Bean
Thai Long Bean, or Yardlong Bean, is a vegetable crop native to Southeast Asia. As the name suggests, these beans can grow up to a yard long (about 1 meter) and are typically thinner than regular green beans.More to love in Thai Long Bean
- They grow in two ways, on bushes and on plants with vines
- They have pretty flowers and tear-shaped leaves
- The beans used to have a tough fibre that is called a string
- Green beans are at least 130 different kinds
Benefits of String Bean
Thai Long Beans offer several potential health benefits due to their nutrient content. Here are some of the potential benefits of including Thai Long Beans in your diet:
- Good dietary fiber: Thai Long Beans are a good source of dietary fiber, which can help regulate digestion and promote bowel regularity. Adequate fiber intake has also been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Thai Long Beans are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, folate, iron, calcium, and magnesium. These nutrients play essential roles in maintaining overall health and well-being.
- Low in calories: Thai Long Beans are low in calories, making them a great addition to a weight-loss or weight-management diet. One cup of cooked Thai Long Beans contains only about 50 calories.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Thai Long Beans contain several beneficial compounds, such as quercetin and kaempferol, with anti-inflammatory properties. This may help reduce inflammation and lower the risk of chronic diseases.
- May promote healthy aging: Thai Long Beans are rich in antioxidants, which may help protect against oxidative damage and promote healthy aging. Antioxidants have also been linked to a reduced risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
How to sow and care for Thai Long Bean
Ideally, string beans should be sown with their eyes down, about 4-6 inches apart, with 24 inches between rows. Moderately acidic, well-drained, and well-drained all make good soil. The vines must also be ventilated to avoid mold and promote good growth. The same bean plant should not be planted more than once every four years, and beans can be grown alongside corn, strawberries, and cucumbers. Do not plant dill and onions near beans. You must water the soil regularly and immediately after planting until the plants sprout. You will need a structure to support the beans as they grow.
Ensure not to wet the leaves when watering the beans, as this can promote fungal formation or other damaging conditions. Beans are generally drought tolerant but regularly check the soil surface and water when the top layer dries out. Usually, there is no need to fertilize green beans once they are mature, as they will provide nitrogen. Fish manure or other natural nitrogen-rich fertilizers can be added if the young leaves are pale. Keep the plants well-watered. Apply mulch to keep moisture at the roots.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product: String Bean Seeds
- Season: Spring
- USDA Zones: 2-11
- Days to Harvest: 50-55 days.
- Soil Type: Loamy
- Temperature: 20-25 Degrees Celcius
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Scientific name: Phaseolus vulgaris
- Family: Fabaceae
- Subfamily: Faboideae
- Order: Fabales
- Higher classification: Wild bean
- Soil pH: Acidic 6.0 - 6.2
- Uses: Vegetable
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.