An Overview of Morning Glory
Morning glory blooms from early summer to the first frost in the fall. These trumpet-shaped flowers come in pink, purple-blue, magenta, or white and have slender stems and heart-shaped leaves. In addition to being attractive to our eyes, their fragrant, colorful blooms are also popular with butterflies and hummingbirds.
What is more to love:
- Morning glory flowers have many meanings
- They mean love, life, and death, or even love in vain
- The morning glory blooms each morning and dies each evening
- They are not very hard to grow from seeds
Morning Glory Benefits & Information
Morning glory are the tiny, dark-colored seeds of the morning glory plant. While morning glory have been used traditionally in various cultures for their medicinal properties, they are also known for their psychoactive effects. Here are some of the potential benefits of morning glory:
- Psychoactive Effects: Morning Glory contain ergot alkaloids, known to have psychoactive effects similar to LSD. These alkaloids can produce vivid visual and auditory hallucinations, altered perception of time, and profound changes in mood and thought.
Mood Enhancement: The psychoactive effects of morning glory seeds may also lead to mood enhancement, euphoria, and increased sociability. Many people who have used morning glory seeds report feeling more positive, creative, and energetic.
Spiritual Exploration: Morning glory have a long history of use in spiritual and religious ceremonies. Some people believe that the psychoactive effects of the seeds can help them explore their spirituality, connect with a higher power, and gain a deeper understanding of themselves and the world around them.
Pain Relief: Some cultures use morning glory seeds as a natural pain reliever. The alkaloids in the seeds have been shown to have analgesic properties and may help to reduce pain and inflammation.
However, it's important to note that using morning glory seeds for their psychoactive effects can also have potential risks and side effects, including nausea, vomiting, headache, and other unpleasant symptoms. In addition, using morning glory seeds for recreational or spiritual purposes is illegal in many countries. Therefore, it is always advisable to consult a healthcare professional before using morning glory.How to Sow and Care for Mix Morning Glory
Morning glory plants are easy to grow and care for, making them famous for gardens and landscaping. Here's how to sow and care for a mix of morning glory seeds:
Sowing Morning Glory Seeds:
- Choose a location with total sun exposure and well-draining soil.
- To improve soil fertility, prepare the soil by removing any weeds, rocks, or debris and adding compost or other organic matter.
- Sow the morning glory seeds directly into the soil in the spring after the last frost. Plant the seeds 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep and 6-12 inches apart.
- Water the seeds lightly to avoid washing them away, and keep the soil moist but not waterlogged until the seeds germinate in about 7-14 days.
Caring Morning Glory:
- Once the morning glory plants have sprouted, water them regularly, keeping the soil moist but not waterlogged.
- Provide support for climbing the morning glory vines by installing a trellis, fence, or other support structure.
- Fertilize the plants with a balanced fertilizer once a month during the growing season to promote healthy growth and blooming.
- Prune the morning glory plants as needed to keep them from becoming too bushy or overgrown and to encourage more blooms.
- Watch out for pests and diseases, such as spider mites and fungal infections, and treat them promptly with appropriate methods.
Following these simple steps, you can sow and care for a mix of morning glory plants to create a beautiful and vibrant display in your garden or landscape.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product: Mix Morning Glory Flower Seeds
- Season: Spring or early summer
- USDA Zones: 2-11
- Days to Harvest: 120 days
- Soil Type: Well-drained soil
- Temperature: 18° degrees Celsius
- Scientific Name: Ipomoea
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Eudicots, Asterids
- Order: Solanales
- Family: Convolvulaceae
- Genus: Ipomoea
- Species: Purpurea
At PLANT-MY-SEEDS, we aim to offer top-notch seed products and unmatched customer service. We take pride in delivering an outstanding experience to our valued customers—from purchase to product retirement. Feel free to reach out with any inquiries or assistance.
Our dedicated team is here to provide guidance and support. Our top priority is your satisfaction, and we are committed to making your experience with us exceptional.
Delivery time: 3-8 working days
Shipping cost from: 3.50 EUR
Rest of the world
Delivery time: 4 to 12 working days
Shipping cost from: 4.45 Euros
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.