An Overview of White Morning Glory Flower
White morning glory, also known as Ipomoea lacunosa or moonflower, is a beautiful and fragrant flower that is native to tropical and subtropical regions of the Americas. The plant is a fast-growing vine that can reach up to 15 feet in length and can climb trees, trellises, or other structures with its twining stems.
More to love in White Morning Glory Flower:
- The flowers are trumpet-shaped and can grow up to 6 inches in diameter
- They open in the evening and emit a sweet fragrance
- The flowers attract night-pollinating insects like moths and bats
- The flowers typically bloom from late spring to early autumn
- The leaves of the white morning glory are heart-shaped
Benefits of White Morning Glory Flower
The beautiful and fragrant flowers of white morning glory make it a popular ornamental plant for gardens, trellises, and fences. White morning glory has been traditionally used in herbal medicine to treat various ailments, including coughs, asthma, and bronchitis. Some parts of the white morning glory are edible. White morning glory is a fast-growing vine that is easy to grow from seed and requires minimal care, making it a great choice for beginner gardeners.
How to Sow Seeds and Care for White Morning Glory
Before sowing the seeds, prepare the soil by removing any weeds or rocks and loosening the soil to a depth of about 6 inches. Sow the white morning glory seeds in the prepared soil, spacing them about a few inches apart and covering them with a thin layer of soil. Water gently to moisten the soil. Water the seeds regularly to keep the soil moist, but avoid overwatering as this can lead to root rot. Once the plants are established, water them deeply once a week. White morning glory is a climbing vine that needs support to grow. Provide a trellis, fence, or other structure for the plant to climb on.
White morning glory thrives in warm temperatures between 70°F to 80°F. The plant will not tolerate frost or cold temperatures. White morning glory prefers full sun and well-drained soil. Make sure you grow in a location that receives at least 6 hours of direct sunlight per day and has soil that drains well. Fertilize the plant with a balanced fertilizer once a month during the growing season to promote healthy growth and flowering. To keep the plant from becoming too bushy and to encourage more flowers, prune back the stems as needed throughout the growing season.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Scientific Name: Ipomoea lacunosa
- Common Name: White morning glory, moonflower
- Season: Annual or perennial (in warmer climates)
- Feature: Fragrant, bloom at night
- Soil Type: Well-drained, fertile soil
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes
- Order: Solanales
- Family: Convolvulaceae
- Genus: Ipomoea
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.