Overview of F1 Red Swiss Chard
More to love in Red Swiss Chard:
- The leaves of chard, like those of other green leafy vegetables
- They are very nutritious, making them a popular addition to healthy diets
- Chard is delicious steamed or sauteed, and it tastes great in soups, stews, quiches, casseroles, and frittatas
- Young leaves are also delicious raw, in salads
Benefits of Red Swiss Chard
Swiss chard always has green leaves, but the stalks will vary in colour. The Swiss chard has a high vitamin A, magnesium, and vitamin C level. The Swiss chard also contains beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin, antioxidants. The Normal development and maintenance of multiple organs, including the lungs, heart, and kidneys, depend on vitamin A.
How to sow and care for Red Swiss Chard
The best time to sow Swiss Chard seeds is about a week after the last spring frost. In order to harvest the entire plant, space the plants 4-5" apart in compost-enriched soil in full sun. Plants should be planted 1/2 inch deep in soil with high organic content. Plant seeds every two weeks for the continuous harvest of the outer stalks. Seeds should germinate within a week. Swiss chard can withstand mild frosts so you can plant it in the fall as well.
Maintaining the soil's moisture and weed-free with a layer of mulch is very important. Seedlings are particularly vulnerable to dehydration at the beginning of their growth. You can harvest greens as soon as the leaves reach a height of 6-8". The whole plant can be harvested at the soil surface but leave an inch of stem to ensure continued growth. It is also possible to reap the outer stalks, leaving the inner ones to grow.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product type: Swiss Chard, Mangold Seeds
- USDA Zone: 6-10
- Feature: Continuous summer
- Soil: Fertile, Compost-mixed
- Harvest Time: 4-6 Weeks
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Scientific name: Beta vulgaris subsp. vulgaris
- Higher classification: Beet
- Rank: Subspecies
- Use: Healthy
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.