Overview of F1 Spinach
More to love in F1 Spinach:
- The plants are incredibly hardy
- Specially bred for overwintering to produce a spring crop
- You can eat and make medicines from winter spinach leaves
- They protect your body from toxins and other harmful substances
Benefits of F1 Spinach
Spinach is a medicine that helps relieve stomach and gastrointestinal complaints and fatigue. Spinach can also stimulate appetite and build blood. This makes it useful for children who are growing and recovering from illness. Vitamin E and magnesium are among the vitamins and minerals found in Spinach that support your immune system. These vitamins and minerals help your body combat viruses and bacteria that cause disease.
How to sow and care for F1 Spinach Seeds
Winter Spinach can be grown from seeds quickly. Thinly sow the seed into 30cm apart, 1.5cm deep drills. It takes between 12 and 20 days for the seed to germinate as soon as the seedlings are big enough to handle, thin to one every 7cm and again three weeks later to one every 15cm, during the micro-leaf and baby leaf stages. As an alternative, you can start in early spring when the soil temperature is over 14 degrees Celsius. In mid-to-late summer, plant-heavy seeded rows every 10 to 14 days, with 30 seeds per foot.
Hydrate the plants regularly, especially during dry periods, to prevent bolting. Pick the leaves regularly to ensure growth and continued leaf production—plant in autumn and cover with mulch to ensure a spring harvest. Fertile soil amended with compost or well-rotted manure provides the best growing conditions. They can either be started inside or transplanted later, but it is not recommended. Plants for winter spinach can be started outdoors after one to two months and harvested after one to two months.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product Type: Winter Spinach Seeds
- USDA Zone: 1-3
- Feature: Fast Growing
- Soil: Fertile, Well-drained
- Harvest Time: 60-80 days
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Energy: 23 Calories (per 100g)
- Calcium: 99 mg (per 100 g)
- Scientific name: Spinacia oleracea
- Family: Amaranthaceae
- Mostly Eaten by: Guinea pig
- Higher classification: Spinacia
- Rank: Species
- Use: Healthy Vegetable
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel you free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.