An Overview of Red Cosmos Dwarf Flower
Red Cosmos flower is an annual with colourful daisy-like flowers that sit on long, slender stems. Blooming throughout the summer months, they attract birds, bees and butterflies to your garden.
What Is More to love:
- Easily grown from seed, they survive even in poor soil conditions
- Highly beneficial for your garden and beautiful colour
- It's best to plant them in a sunny spot
- Grow in soil with organic matter, such as manure
Benefits of Red Cosmos Dwarf Flower
There may never be enough pollinators and predators in your garden to help manage pests and pollinate the crops, but guess what? Beneficial insects attracted to Cosmos include wasps, parasitic wasps, tachinid flies, and flycatchers, which pollinate and feed on harmful insects. It is safe to grow around children and pets, as it is non-toxic.
How to sow and care for Red Cosmos Dwarf Flower Seeds
Fill a seedling tray or small pot with compost. Use your hands or a piece of wood to gently mix the compost. Seeds can be sown directly on top of the compost, one seed per plot if possible. Place a small handful of seeds in each plot, cover each cm with potting soil or vermiculite, water, drain, and label. Alternatively, it can be covered with a plastic bag or placed in a heat transfer tube. When the seedlings of Cosmos have two pairs of leaves, transplant them to separate pots.
As they do not require soil preparation, they opt for soil that isn't even too good. It is likewise crucial that the soil drains well. Cosmos plants can tolerate each warm and dry weather. They may even undergo drought. They will self-seed your garden. Because of their tall stature, that flora can also additionally require staking in a few cases. You also can develop them in opposition to a fence to offer support. Over-watering and over-fertilizing your cosmos can also additionally bring about fewer plant life. Keep your cosmos moist, however, do not overdo it.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product: Red cosmos tall seeds
- Season: Spring
- USDA Zones: 2-11
- Days to Harvest: 70-120 Days
- Soil Type: Loamy
- Temperature: 20-25° Degrees C
- Scientific Name: Cosmos bipinnatus
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Angiosperms, Eudicots, Asterids
- Order: Asterales
- Family: Asteraceae
- Genus: Cosmos
- Species: Bipinnatus
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.