Overview of Pacific Purple Asparagus
A colourful variety that is suitable for planting in spring. Stringless spears are produced by asparagus 'Pacific Purple', which are more tender and sweet than many green varieties. The colour is lost when cooked. They are best eaten raw with dips or sliced in salads. I earthed up, and this high-yielding asparagus will also produce white spears.
Features/More to Love:
- A high-quality purple asparagus spear that is low in fibre, suitable for consumption either cooked or raw in salads.
- A premium food item in the kitchen, Pacific Purple asparagus is also lovely
- Hybrids perform well in warm climates.
- When asparagus spears reach 25-30cm in height, the tips remain tight, indicating that the proportion of first-class products is very high.
- Planting Pacific Purple at high density yields the best results in terms of harvest yields. Approximately 45-55000 plants per hectare are recommended for Pacific Purple.
Benefits of Pacific Purple Asparagus
There are many health benefits of Pacific purple asparagus. It contains anthocyanin, which is a pigment. They also act as antioxidants as well as giving this vegetable its colour. Aside from reducing blood pressure, asparagus may also prevent heart attacks and heart disease. Purple asparagus also improves liver function by increasing liver enzymes, which reduces liver toxins.
How to Care & Sow Pacific Purple Asparagus
You can quickly grow asparagus purple from seeds. They should be planted in the spring. To increase their chances of germination, soak the seeds in water for a day or two before planting. Asparagus seeds should be sown thinly in rows 2 to 5 cm deep, 30cm apart. It is essential to water the seeds often to prevent them from drying out. Thinning Purple Asparagus seedlings after a few weeks will require you to space them approximately 5cm apart.
The growth of Pacific Asparagus is very conducive to full sunlight. Place tall plants on slopes that face west or north during the summer to shade your garden. Space them thirty to fifty centimetres apart. To grow successfully, most asparagus varieties need nutrient-rich, well-drained soil. When Purple Asparagus reaches total productivity, it takes around three years. Have the patience to succeed. Two years must pass before a one-year-old crown can be harvested. It's easy, but it takes patience.
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To fulfil the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel you free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.