An Overview of Osmanthus Fragans
There are various names for Osmanthus fragrans, including sweet osmanthus, tea olive, fragrant olive, and sweet olive, which are native to Asia from the Himalayas to Taiwan, southern Japan and Southeast Asia as far south as Cambodia and Thailand.
More You Will Love:
- Sweet Osmanthus goes well with almost any type of tea
- White, green, black, and oolong teas, as well as mint tisanes, can all be used
- This tea is a natural detox and helps to rid your body of toxins
- This herb-like flower particularly helps in the kidneys and liver
Benefits of Osmanthus Fragans Seeds
Your body is able to remove most toxins thanks to the antioxidants found in osmanthus flowers. You should use osmanthus sweet for better skin. Osmanthus tea is thought to enhance skin tone and rejuvenate the complexion. Consuming Osmanthus tea regularly makes you feel energized and refreshed, and it is often used as a cleansing agent in Chinese medicine.
How to sow and care for Osmanthus Fragans Seeds
In a shallow container filled with warm tap water, soak the seeds of Sweet Osmanthus for twenty-four hours. Embryos in the seed shell will be plumped up by water penetrating through the shell. Once seeds are planted, they should be moist. In spring, you can start seeds by soaking them and placing them in a sandwich bag halfway filled with wet, seed-starting medium, followed by another inch of starter medium on top of the seeds. This should be chilled before planting. Transplant the seeds into pots once they sprout roots. After germinating, seedlings should be placed in a sheltered area.
The Sweet Osmanthus plants should be planted 120 to 150 cm apart to form a hedge or screen. It is best to grow sweet osmanthus flowers in full sunlight or partial shade with well-drained soil. The plants are relatively drought-tolerant once established, but they perform best with plenty of water. A newly planted Osmanthus shrub needs regular irrigation until it is established and grows. Thereafter, it only needs to be rinsed during prolonged periods of drought. Apply a general-purpose fertilizer to your garden during the fall. Now you simply have to wait.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Scientific name: Osmanthus fragrans flower
- Height: 15 to 30 feet
- Leaf arrangement: opposite
- Flower color: white/yellow
- Fruit shape: round
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Angiosperms, Eudicots, Asterids
- Order: Lamiales
- Family: Oleaceae
- Genus: Osmanthus
- Species: O. fragrans
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.