Overview of Herb - Bergamot Lemon
More to love in Herb - Bergamot Lemon:
- In size and colour, the fruit is similar to an orange and lime
- Add to salad dressings, sorbets, and marmalade to make sweet dishes
- It has a sour zing, along with an intense citrus flavour
- Research suggests that bitter orange juice and zest can help lower cholesterol levels
Benefits of Herb - Bergamot Lemon
Squeeze over pancakes, steep in hot water for a refreshing tea, or steep in hot water for a refreshing tea. Bergamots are bitter enough to be eaten raw, but they can be preserved in jams and marmalades. Desserts such as custard, cookies, and cakes can also benefit from bitter orange juice and zest.
How to sow and care for Herb - Bergamot Lemon
When a light frost is still possible in early spring, gardeners can sow Bergamot Lemon seeds indoors seven weeks before the last frost. Germination takes place at a temperature of 15-21 degrees Celsius. The seeds should barely be covered with soil. Transplants should be spaced 45-60 cm apart. With time, these perennials will grow closer together. Within 10 to 40 days, the seeds should germinate. The heat from the bottom will accelerate germination.
Germination of Bergamot Lemon Seeds is possible in most garden soils. Make sure the seeds are placed in direct sunlight. When summers are long, plants are more prone to mildew, so avoid overhead watering. Make sure to deadhead regularly to prolong blooming. The roots of these perennial plants grow from rhizomes, which should be dug and divided every three years.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product: Bergamot Lemon Seeds
- Season: November to January
- Sowing depth: 1cm (½in)
- Soil Type: Mainly alluvial
- Hardiness Zones: 9 to 11
- Bloom Time: August
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Angiosperms, Eudicots, Rosids
- Order: Sapindales
- Family: Rutaceae
- Genus: Citrus
- Species: C. bergamia
- Uses: Dish
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.