Overview of White Sweetcorn
More to love in F1 Sweetcorn:
- When fresh, sweet corn is juicy
- The juice, or milk, is what gives creamed corn its creaminess
- A staple food for centuries because of its versatility
- You can use it as a topping for soups, salads, or pizzas
- All these can be made with it directly off the cob, including cornmeal, polenta, and syrup
Benefits of White Sweetcorn Seeds
According to research, Sweet Corn is packed with vitamin C, which helps protect your cells from damage and it also may help prevent the diseases such as cancer and heart disease. Corn contains the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin, which are vital for maintaining good eye health and preventing cataracts.
Sweetcorn prefers warm climates and cannot tolerate frost. Once the ground has warmed up, seeds should be planted in pots in a greenhouse, hoop house, or cold frame. In that case, you can sow three to four weeks before your last frost date and enjoy a head start on outdoor corn. Ten to eight seeds should be sown in 10cm pots 1cm deep. You can use seed-starting potting mixes or general-purpose potting mixes. You can also plant the seeds in smaller pots or plug trays. Germination should occur in two seeds per pot or plug, and weaker seedlings should be removed.
How to sow and care for White Sweetcorn
After you have removed the plants from their pots, carefully tear apart the roots of the plants. As much as possible, keep the soil surrounding the roots intact. Sow your sweet corn 45cm apart in both directions. Dig a hole for each plant, place the seeds in the hole, and then firm the soil again. Sweet corn dislikes cold weather. As the plants grow, keep the pots moist. Remove any weeds that grow within your sweet corn and continue the ceremony while you can reach between the plants. Sweetcorn is a sturdy plant and shouldn't need support. As the silks appear and the cobs begin to form in late summer, watering will benefit arid conditions.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product type: Sweetcorn Seeds
- USDA Zone: 4-8
- Soil: Fertile, Moist
- Harvest Time: 3-4 Months
- Feature: Fast Growing
- Temperature: 21-24 Degree C
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Scientific name: Zea mays subsp. mays
- Order: Poales
- Higher classification: Corn
- Rank: Subspecies
- Family: Poaceae
- Subfamily: Panicoideae
- Uses: Beneficial Vegetables
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.