An Overview of Double Red Morning Glory
Ipomoea Aquatica, known as water spinach, bengchoy, kangkung, or swamp cabbage, is commonly used as a green vegetable, especially in East and Southeast Asian cuisines. The morning's trumpet-shaped flowers come in a variety of colours, including orange, blue, pink, purple, and bicolour. Beautiful vigour, twisting, and heat-loving vines for training on your posts, trellis, fences or pergolas.
What You'll Love
- Its oddly ruffled and twisted red and white petals are cool
- They are arranged to produce plump peonies that bloom from early summer until frost
- Strong vines that easily grow up to 47 feet in one season
- It grows beautifully in hanging baskets or on arches or trusses
Benefits of Double Red Morning Glory
For centuries, Asian and Mesoamerican cultures have used morning glory as a diuretic and expectorant. The leaves have also been used to treat headaches by making tea from them. In addition, this plant is also used to treat abdominal disorders, deworming, headache, bronchitis, diuretic, blood purifier, cleansing, laxative, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory symptoms.
How to Care And Sow Double Red Morning Glory Seeds
You can start sowing seeds indoors before the last frost date, but you should do so four to six weeks before the frost date. Alternatively, you can sow the seeds outdoors. The sterilization process accelerates the germination of the seeds, which are notoriously difficult to germinate. Once they have been rubbed between two pieces of coarse sandpaper for a few seconds, soak them overnight. Seeds should be planted about a quarter of an inch deep and a few inches apart. After the seeds germinate, it is imperative to maintain a moist environment.
Morning glory thrives in moist but well-drained soil. In case the vines are not growing well, it is always possible to improve the soil. Water the plant about an inch a week and cover it with mulch around the base to retain moisture. You can reduce your watering schedule once the plant has grown on its own (and in winter) so it uses less water as it grows. Although hard, morning glory can withstand both cold and heat.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product: Double Red Morning Glory Seeds
- Season: Spring or early summer
- USDA Zones: 2-11
- Days to Harvest: 120 days
- Soil Type: Well-drained soil
- Temperature: 18° degrees Celsius
- Scientific Name: Ipomoea
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Eudicots, Asterids
- Order: Solanales
- Family: Convolvulaceae
- Genus: Ipomoea
- Species: Purpurea
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.