An Overview of Bird of Paradise
Strelitzia Nicolai is also known as the giant bird of paradise. This is a tropical plant that can only be grown in containers in Central Europe. The plant is easy to care for but does not like cold, humidity and darkness. A sunny spot in the garden, balcony or terrace is a favourite spot for birds of paradise in the summer.
What is more to love:
- This plant is resistant to drought, heat and wind
- The tree should not fall too often, but then very abundantly
- Also suitable as a houseplant
- The trees can live from 50 to 150 years
Benefits of Bird of Paradise
As one of the most popular ornamental flowers, the bird of paradise is considered the queen. You can feel happy with the tropical and bright flowers of this plant, there are flowering species with exotic flowers. The large green leaves are great for air circulation and purification due to their size. It can relieve your stress and make you feel comfortable. It cleans the air of the room in which it is located.
How to sow and care for Bird of Paradise Seeds
Strelitzia Nicolai grows well from seeds. To ensure rapid seed germination, soak Strelitzia Nicolai seeds for a day or two in warm water, then plant them in the potting mix. The soil must be kept moist, the plastic cover must be clean, and the seeds must be able to germinate at a temperature of 25 degrees Celsius. Germination can take weeks or months. Strelitzia Nicolai is a slow-growing plant that can take 3-5 years to flower and can be propagated by dividing old clusters.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product: Bird of Paradise, Strelitzia Nicolai Seeds
- Growing conditions: Well-drained soil
- Growth habit: Tight clumping
- Typical height: 5 to 6m
- Light conditions: Full sun to part shade
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Angiosperms, Monocots, Commelinids
- Order: Zingiberales
- Family: Strelitziaceae
- Genus: Strelitzia
- Species: S. Nicolai
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.