An Overview of Red Rosy Morning Glory Flower
Many familiar names, such as red or scarlet morning glory, scarlet creeper, and a red star, refer to this beautiful red flower. The red star is a nickname for the star-shaped pale orange throat of a small tubular flower. The flower's fragrance and colorfulness are attractive to our eyes and popular with butterflies and hummingbirds.
What You'll Love
- The vines increase, so get a fast screen for ugly areas.
- They attract pollinators, bees, and hummingbirds.
- All other pollinators are drawn to these beautiful trumpet-shaped flowers.
- Growing morning glories will benefit the local ecosystem.
Benefits of Rosy Morning Glory
The Rosy morning glory (Ipomoea nil) is a flowering plant native to tropical regions of Asia. It is commonly grown as an ornamental plant in gardens and landscapes, and it is also used in traditional medicine for various health benefits. Here are some potential benefits of red rosy morning glory:
- Antioxidant properties: Red rosy morning glory is rich in antioxidants, which can help to protect the body against damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage cells and contribute to the development of chronic diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Rosy morning glory contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory effects. Inflammation is the body's natural response to injury or infection, but chronic inflammation can contribute to developing diseases such as arthritis, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Respiratory health: In traditional medicine, rosy morning glory has been used to treat respiratory conditions such as asthma and bronchitis. It is believed to have bronchodilator properties, which means it can help open the airways and improve breathing.
- Digestive health: Rosy morning glory has traditionally been used to treat digestive issues such as constipation and diarrhea. It is believed to have laxative and antidiarrheal properties.
- Pain relief: Some traditional medicine practitioners use red rosy morning glory to relieve pain, including headaches and menstrual cramps.
However, it is important to note that more scientific research is needed to confirm these potential health benefits and determine the appropriate dosages and safety of red rosy morning glory for medicinal use. As with any herbal medicine, it is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before using red rosy morning glory for any health condition.
How to Care And Sow Rosy Morning Glory
Starting the seeds of rosy morning glory indoors before the last frost day is optional, but it is good to be started 4-6 weeks before the subsequent frost date. If not, you can plant them directly outside. The scarification speeds up the germination process of the seeds, which are usually a bit difficult to germinate. Then rub with two sheets of coarse sandpaper for a few seconds and then soak overnight. Seeds should be planted approximately 1/4 inch deep and several inches apart. It is important to maintain a moist environment after seed germination.
Moist but well-drained soil is perfect for red rosy morning glory plants. Even if the vines are not working well, it is possible for you to change the soil for them. You can keep the bindweed hydrated by watering it about 1 inch a week and mulching it around the roots. Once the plant is established, the watering schedule can be reduced, requiring less water as it grows. Despite its toughness, early morning glory is resistant to both cold and heat.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product: Morning Glory Seeds
- Season: Spring or early summer
- USDA Zones: 2-11
- Days to Harvest: 120 days
- Soil Type: Well-drained soil
- Temperature: 18° degrees Celsius
- Scientific Name: Ipomoea
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Eudicots, Asterids
- Order: Solanales
- Family: Convolvulaceae
- Genus: Ipomoea
- Species: Purpurea
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.