An Overview of Musk Pumpkin
Musk Pumpkin, also known as Musquee de Provence or Fairytale Pumpkin, is a type of winter squash that is native to Europe. It is a large, oblong-shaped pumpkin that can weigh up to 20 pounds (9Kg) and has a distinctive, ribbed exterior.
What You Will Love More:
- An excellent vegetable to adorn your garden
- You can eat everything you get from the vines
- The flowers are very delicious eaten and cooked
- Not so hard to grow with proper care
Benefits of Musk Pumpkin
Musk Pumpkins offer several potential health benefits due to their nutrient content. Here are some of the potential benefits of including Musk Pumpkin in your diet:
- Rich in nutrients: Musk Pumpkins are an excellent source of fiber, vitamins A and C, and potassium. These nutrients play essential roles in maintaining overall health and well-being.
- May promote healthy digestion: The high fiber content in Musk Pumpkins may help promote healthy digestion and prevent constipation.
- May support immune system function: The vitamin A and C content in Musk Pumpkins may help support immune system function and protect against infections.
- May promote healthy skin: The vitamin A content in Musk Pumpkins may help promote healthy skin and prevent dryness and wrinkles.
- May help regulate blood pressure: The potassium content in Musk Pumpkins may help regulate blood pressure and reduce the risk of hypertension and stroke.
- May help regulate blood sugar: The fiber content in Musk Pumpkins may help regulate blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity, making it a potentially beneficial food for individuals with diabetes or at risk for developing the condition.
How to sow and care for Musk Pumpkin
It would help if you created hills before you could plant your seeds. The best place to grow Musk Pumpkin is in elevated piles of soil. Doing so can maintain good drainage and help keep the soil and seeds warm. High-lying soil warms up faster than low-lying soil. Seeds will sprout when the soil temperature is 18 degrees Celsius, but 23 degrees Celsius is optimal. Avoid planting seeds too early, especially if it is a wetter spring than usual, as seeds will rot in cold soil. Each hill should have 12 inches of soil and should be spaced 6 feet apart. Five to six seeds per hill should be buried one inch deep, pointing downward; delicate plants will grow to three or four when they germinate.
The seedlings should be thinned by cutting them with scissors. The roots will be disturbed by pulling the remaining seedlings from the ground. When roots are disturbed, they become sensitive. Once you have transplanted your seedlings that you started indoors or your direct-sown seeds have germinated, you need to water them at least an inch each week. Water them close to the roots. Watering wands with long handles are ideal. Keep your garden weeding to prevent pumpkins from competing for water and nutrients. Mulching the soil with two to three inches of mulch keeps it moist and contains weed seeds from germinating. Mulch should never touch vines when used around pumpkins.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product: Musk Pumpkin Seeds
- Season: Summer
- USDA Zones: 7b
- Days to Harvest: 100-110 days.
- Soil Type: Well-drained
- Temperature: 16 Degrees Celcius (At least)
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Scientific name: Cucurbita pepo
- Order: Cucurbitales
- Higher classification: Cucurbitaceae
- Uses: Vegetable
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.