An Overview of Wild Apple
A wild apple is produced by trees grown from seeds, not by named varieties grafted onto rootstocks. All apple trees purchased from the nursery are clones of the tree that produces the desired fruit. Wild apple trees can produce delicious fruits to eat fresh, suitable for pies, or almost inedible.
More to love in Wild Apple:
- An apple tree starts bearing fruit five to ten years after it is planted
- Wild apples generally have a more robust flavor than apples purchased in stores
- Plant seeds to half the depth of commercially available potting compost
- It's antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and liver-health-promoting
Benefits of Wild Apple
They are rich in plant compounds with health-promoting properties, including phytonutrients, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and liver health-promoting activities. It is also rich in water-soluble dietary fiber, which helps lower cholesterol and prevent heart disease.
How to Sow and Care Apple
The seeds of wild apples need to be exposed to cold and moist conditions before they germinate. This can be achieved by planting apple seeds outdoors in the fall. Place a layer of wet sand on the bottom of a small container such as B. In a plastic margarine tub, place the apple seeds on moist sand and cover the seeds with wet sand.
Keep the compost-mixed soil moistened until the seeds germinate. Additionally, it is essential to realize that apples are susceptible to many diseases and pests. As a result, this fruit is only cultivated with pesticides. Most apples require pollen from another apple tree to produce fruit. This is called cross-pollination. This second tree needs to be a different variety, but it also blooms simultaneously.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Season: Spring
- Type of soil: Loamy, Sandy
- USDA Zones: 3-10
- Sunlight: At Least 8
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Scientific name: Malus
- Higher classification: Rose family
- Family: Rosaceae
- Subfamily: Amygdaloideae
- Rank: Genus
- Order: Rosales
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World: 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
Delivery time: 3-8 working days
Shipping cost from: 3.50 EUR
Rest of the world
Delivery time: 4 to 12 working days
Shipping cost from: 4.45 Euros
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.