Overview of Rainbow Chilli
Bolivian Rainbow Peppers are a beautiful rainbow type variety of chilli peppers that will add a pop of colour to your garden or meal. Naturally bushy, the small plant produces hundreds of small, teardrop-shaped, fiery chillies that start off creamy, turn purple, then golden, then orange and finally fire-engine red! Peruvian Rainbow peppers have a Scoville rating of 30,000 to 50,000, which puts them on par with medium-heat tabasco and cayenne peppers.
More to love in Rainbow Chilli :
- This chilli is between four and twelve times hotter than a jalapeo, our reference point
- When you plant Rainbow Chili, your garden will look fantastic and vibrant
- It will take one to three weeks for the first seedling to encounter the soil
- Rainbow chillies' fruits can be enhanced by using fertilizer for general use
Benefits of Rainbow Chilli
The rainbow chillies are also incredibly nutritious. Furthermore, they contain antioxidants called carotenoids that may reduce inflammation, decrease cancer risk, and protect cholesterol and fats from oxidative damage. They look like Christmas lights because of their shape and colours. The plant is very beautiful overall.
How to sow and care for Rainbow Chilli Seeds
From seeds, you can grow beautiful Rainbow Chili Plants very quickly. Early spring is the best time to plant the seeds indoors eight weeks before outdoor temperatures reach 20-30 degrees Celsius. You should sow the seeds in a shallow nursery flat with moistened seed starting soil. Rainbow Chili seeds need around 28 degrees Celsius and bright light to germinate, so sow them no deeper than 1 cm. Everyday water the seeds if the soil feels dry on top whenever there is a lot of light available.
As they mature, Rainbow Chilies can grow up to 70cm tall, requiring a lot of space. If there is excess water in the pot, make sure there are several drain holes in the base. Perlite-rich potting soil helps to keep roots moist. After sprouting a few sets of leaves, seedlings are ready to be transplanted into permanent containers. The plants will prosper and produce fruit if they are regularly watered and fed.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Name: Bolivian Rainbow Chili
- Colour: Various in the same plant
- Temperature: 30 Degree Celsius
- Soil: Moisture
- Light: Full Sun
- Feature: Nutritious
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Angiosperms, Eudicots, Asterids
- Order: Solanales
- Family: Solanaceae
- Genus: Capsicum
- Species: C. annuum
- Uses: Salad, sauce, vegetables
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.