An Overview of Orange Fruit
A round orange fruit that grows on trees that can reach a height of 10 meters is known as an orange. The orange tree bears dark green shiny leaves, white flowers, and five small petals with a delightful scent that attracts many bees.
More to love in Orange Fruit:
- A tough, shiny orange peel that retains acid in the outer layer is found in oranges.
- A single fruit that contains 12% of your daily value is an orange.
- The largest citrus fruit in the world is the orange.
- The most popular fruit juice in America is made from its sap.
Benefits of Orange Fruit
What about the health benefits? It is well-known that a diet high in fiber has many benefits. According to the Mayo Clinic, many benefits of fiber include:
- Normalizing bowel movements.
- Lowering cholesterol.
- Controlling blood sugar levels.
- Maintaining bowel health.
- Keeping a healthy weight.
How to Sow and Care for Orange Fruit
The ideal time to sow is in the spring when the soil has warmed up sufficiently. Planting many seeds would help because only a few will develop into young plants. Sow the seeds at 1-inch intervals on a line and in large pots at 3-inch intervals, using a soil mixture of sand and potting soil.
You need to keep the soil moist but only sticky once the seedlings emerge. Once the seedlings reach a height of 20-28 cm, you can transplant them into large pots filled with soil, fertilizer, and a small amount of well-rotted manure. Generally, young saplings need to be exposed to sunlight, but keeping them indoors during the first winter in a protected area is advisable.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Season: Winter
- Type of soil: Sandy
- USDA Zones: 9-11
- Sunlight: At Least 6
- Scientific name: Citrus × sinensis
- Higher classification: Citrus
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Order: Sapindales
- Rank: Species
- Family: Rutaceae
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World: 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
Delivery time: 3-8 working days
Shipping cost from: 3.50 EUR
Rest of the world
Delivery time: 4 to 12 working days
Shipping cost from: 4.45 Euros
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.