An Overview of Middle White Cosmos Flower
Known by the same common name of cosmos, the cosmos genus consists of flowering plants from the sunflower family. An annual flower, Cosmos are characterized by their bright, daisy-like flowers which sit on long, slender stems. They bloom throughout the summer months, attracting birds, bees, and butterflies to your garden.
What You Will Love More:
- Cosmos grow easily from seeds and can even be grown in poor soil
- Help with pollinators and predator insects in your garden
- Make your garden look very colourful and attractive
- You can grow the flowers easily with low maintanance
Benefits of Middle White Cosmos Flower
The flowers attract beneficial insects, such as lacewings, parasitic wasps, tachinid flies, and hoverflies, which eat pest insects and pollinate them for free. There is no evidence that Cosmos bipinnatus, the most common species, is edible. Nevertheless, children and pets can grow it without fear because it is not toxic.
How to sow and care for Middle White Cosmos Flower Seeds
White cosmos seeds should be sown outdoors in the middle of summer. Four to six weeks before your last spring frost, start seeds indoors in trays or pots with a good seed-starting mixture. Make sure the seeds don't get too wet. Seeds should not be sown more than 1 centimetre deep. When they are a few inches tall, space seedlings 12 to 18 inches apart. Plant them in five-inch pots as soon as they reach three or four inches tall. When the risk of frost has passed, young plants can be planted outside. When growing cosmos from seeds, the first bloom appears after approximately seven weeks.
Cosmos doesn't need to be prepared in the soil. The ideal soil for them is not too rich, since rich soil will promote foliage at the expense of blooms. Drainage should, however, be good. The ideal weather for them is warm and dry. They are not affected by drought. A garden can easily grow self-seeding cosmos. Depending on their height, certain plants may need to be staked. A fence can also be used to provide support. If Cosmos is overwatered and overfertilized, fewer flowers will be produced. Be careful not to overwater and overfertilize.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product: White Cosmos Flower Middle Seeds
- Season: Summer, Spring
- USDA Zones: 2-11
- Days to Harvest: 70-120 Days
- Soil Type: Loamy
- Temperature: 19-24° Degrees C
- Scientific Name: Cosmos bipinnatus
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Angiosperms, Eudicots, Asterids
- Order: Asterales
- Family: Asteraceae
- Genus: Cosmos
- Species: bipinnatus
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
Delivery time: 3-8 working days
Shipping cost from: 3.50 EUR
Rest of the world
Delivery time: 4 to 12 working days
Shipping cost from: 4.45 Euros
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.