An Overview of Mix Type Cosmos Cup Flower
Cosmos Sensations Mixed bears large single, daisy-like flowers in shades of pink, red, white, and yellow with a small yellow centre. Plants of this variety grow to a height of approximately 90 cm and are very attractive to bees and other pollinators.
What You Will Love More:
- Make beautiful cut flowers and bloom throughout the season
- You can have too many beneficial insects in your garden
- They make your garden look very colorful
- The flowers are both beneficial and beautiful in look
Benefits of Mix Type Cosmos Cup Flower
Lacewings, parasitic wasps, tachinid flies, and hoverflies are among the insects that pollinate and consume pest insects. Cosmos bipinnatus, the most common species in the Cosmos family, should not be consumed. The plant is not harmful to children or pets, so they can be around it safely.
How to sow and care for Mix Type Cosmos Cup Flower Seeds
Cosmos seeds should be planted in cell packs or flats for four to six weeks before being transplanted into the garden. From 20° C to 25° C, seedlings emerge in seven to twenty days. After all frost hazards have passed, sow cosmos in rows, 4-6 seeds per foot, into prepared seedbeds. Seedlings should be spaced 12-15 inches apart. The best flowers grow in soils with moderate water content and average fertility. Cosmos can withstand drought and heat. Removing spent blooms can encourage additional blooms. In most cases, Cosmos will self-sow if some spent blossoms remain on the plant.
Cosmos requires no soil preparation. So, they prefer not to grow in too rich soil because rich soil will promote foliage instead of blooms. A well-draining soil is also essential. A hot, dry climate is best for growing Cosmos. Cosmos are drought-tolerant. They self-seed easily. In some cases, staking of tall plants may be necessary. Fences can also be used to support tall plants. When your cosmos are overwatered or overfertilized, they will produce fewer flowers. Be sure to water them regularly, but not excessively.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product: Mix Cosmos Cup Flower Seeds
- Season: Spring
- USDA Zones: 2-11
- Days to Harvest: 70-120 Days
- Soil Type: Loamy
- Temperature: 20-25° Degrees C
- Scientific Name: Cosmos bipinnatus
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Angiosperms, Eudicots, Asterids
- Order: Asterales
- Family: Asteraceae
- Genus: Cosmos
- Species: Bipinnatus
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
Delivery time: 3-8 working days
Shipping cost from: 3.50 EUR
Rest of the world
Delivery time: 4 to 12 working days
Shipping cost from: 4.45 Euros
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.