Overview of Summer Cabbage
What You'll Love
- Summer cropping variety suitable for temperate climates but also ideal for growing in tropical locations
- Late to mid-maturity. Transplanted plants reach maturity after 70 days
- It is perfect for transplanting and storage as it has a thick texture that is not easy to crack.
- The plant is resistant to anthrax, verticillium wilt, and black rot.
Summer Cabbage Benefits of Use
The Summer Cabbage would taste great with Lemon Butter, Grilled Chicken Kabobs, or Baked Chicken Parmesan. It is powerful food for the brain and an excellent source of vitamin K and an antioxidant. In addition, it can protect you against diseases such as Alzheimer's. In cabbage, you will find beta-carotene, vitamin C, and fibre. Many forms of cancer may be reduced as well, including colorectal cancer.
How to Care & Sow Summer Cabbage
Growing cabbage is easy, but it requires a lot of water. Before planting, you should amend your soil with lots of garden compost and well-rotted farmyard manure. Seed each cell with one seed at a depth of about two centimetres in a good quality seed compost in March and April. As soon as the seedlings are ready, you should apply seaweed fertilizer every week. If you want to germinate your plants, place them in your greenhouse, polytunnel, cold frame, or on your windowsill. It typically takes about four weeks for them to start growing.
In the case of two seeds germinating in the same cell, remove the weaker one. Approximately 75 cm apart, plant seedlings 2-3 weeks after germination. Spacing between plants and rows should be 45 cm. Keep compost moist, not soaked. Seedlings should not be allowed to dry out to the point where the compost pulls away from the edge of the tray. The compost can be challenging to wet once a crust has formed on its surface.
- Time of year: February, March
- USDA Zones: 5A
- Harvest period: 80-180 days.
- Type of soil: Fertile
- Temperature: 13-25 degrees Celcius
- Scientific Name: Brassica oleracea
- Family: Mustard
- Suitable for: Beneficial Vegetables
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.