Overview of Gustosa Basil
Basil, also known as great basil, belongs to the Lamiaceae family of culinary herbs. A variety of basil, commonly called sweet basil or Genovese basil, is called basil in Western cuisine. Basil is native to tropical regions between Central Africa and Southeast Asia. Because the plant is tender, it is used in many cuisines worldwide.
More to love in Herb Gustosa Basil :
- Many medicines are made from the parts of the plant that grow above ground
- The use of basil is good for stomach problems such as spasms, loss of appetite, intestinal gas
- Moreover good for diarrhea, constipation, and many other conditions
- Basil Gustosa is one of the easiest herbs to cultivate indoors
Benefits of Herb Gustosa Basil
Gustosa Basil is a herb that offers many benefits, including:
- Versatility: it can be eaten raw or cooked
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: such as vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, iron, and vitamin K
- Good source of calcium, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids
- Medicinal properties: the oil extracted from its leaves can help treat infections, wounds, cuts, and acne
How to Sow and Care for Gustosa Basil Seeds
When planting seeds indoors, late February to mid-summer is best—Spread basil Gustosa seeds over the top of a 7,5 cm pot filled with seed compost. Firm down. Planting more seeds than you need is unnecessary, so plant just a few more.
Put the plant in a propagator after wrapping it in vermiculite and watering gently. If you do not have one, it does not matter. The pot can be covered with a clear, small freezer bag and secured with an elastic band. Germination usually takes ten days to 2 weeks at a temperature of 15-18°C.
Since the plants are easily grown, there is little need to worry about them. Basil gustosa should be planted outdoors after all frost danger has passed. Choose a sunny, sheltered spot with well-drained soil, or grow plants in containers.
When roots start showing through holes in the bottom of a pot, move it into a larger container until the pot is 20 cm in diameter. Regularly prune your plants' branches to keep them bushy and productive, and remove any flowers as soon as they appear. That's all you need to do.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Season: Summer
- USDA Zones: 10-11
- Days to Harvest: 60 Days.
- Height: 12-24 inches
- Soil Type: Moist
- Temperature: 15-18 degree celcius
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Angiosperms, Eudicots, Asterids
- Order: Lamiales
- Family: Lamiaceae
- Genus: Ocimum
- Species: O. basilicum
- Uses: Beneficial Herb
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
At PLANT-MY-SEEDS, we provide top-quality products and excellent customer service. We cater to all our customer's needs from the day they purchase our product until they no longer use it. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. We're always available to help you out!
The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
⦿ Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
⦿ Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
⦿ Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.