An Overview of Yellow Zinnia Elegans Flower
Zinnias in the Zinderella Yellow variety. An old-fashioned annual, it is easy to grow and is a favourite in summer bouquets and gardens. Directly plant after the last frost in spring. The flower is bee-friendly. The yellow flowers zinnias represent remembrance each day.
What You'll Love
- Red zinnias symbolize a steadfast heart, steadfastness, and ties to family
- The magenta zinnia symbolizes eternal love
- The flowers and leaves are used by many tribes in the Southwest
- Used as medicinal and ritual spices
Benefits of Yellow Zinnia Elegans Flower
Navajo people consider the yellow zinnia to be a sacred Life Medicine. Zinnias were used not only to make dyes and paints with bright colours but also to make dyes and paints with stronger colours. Zinnias have nectar-rich flowers that attract bees and are excellent pollinators in their growing season, from May to October. Hummingbirds, Japanese beetles, ladybugs, and wasps are also attracted to them. Zinnias make an excellent choice for gardeners seeking easy-to-maintain flowers.
How to Care And Sow Yellow Zinnia Elegans Flower Seeds
Zinnia seeds can be sown directly in the garden in well-drained soil enriched with compost after the last frost. The best way to plant seeds is one centimetre deep and a few inches apart in rows or clumps. The seeds should be moist until they germinate, which usually takes a week. When seeds are three inches tall with a few true leaves, thin seedlings are between six and eighteen inches apart. Depending on the cultivar, the recommended spacing varies. If you live somewhere with a long growing season, you can start it outdoors since the roots of this annual are delicate and don't like to be disturbed.
In order to maintain their health, plants need to be watered at the base. Hose soakers keep foliage and petals dry while providing necessary irrigation. Zinnias should be watered early in the morning so that their flowers and foliage can dry off before nightfall. Young plants need to be moistened without getting too soaked. Grown zinnias are drought-tolerant, so they require less water as they grow. With proper placement and watering, Zinnia plants provide long-lasting colour and beauty to the summer flower bed.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product: Yellow Zinnia Elegans Seeds
- Season: June
- USDA Zones: 2-11
- Days to Harvest: 60-70 days.
- Soil Type: Organic matter and well-drained
- Temperature: 21-26 Degrees Celsius
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Angiosperms, Eudicots, Asterids
- Order: Asterales
- Family: Asteraceae
- Subfamily: Asteroidea
- Super Tribe: Helianthodae
- Genus: Zinnia
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
Delivery time: 3-8 working days
Shipping cost from: 3.50 EUR
Rest of the world
Delivery time: 4 to 12 working days
Shipping cost from: 4.45 Euros
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.