An overview of Artichoke Romanesco:
Plant Purple Italian Artichoke seeds in your garden to add colour and interest. Open-pollinated Italian heirloom variety with large, purple fruits. Because Purple Italian Globes are more tolerant of extreme temperatures, they are more tender and succulent.
What You'll Love
- The artichoke is usually grown as a perennial in temperate areas and annually in places where the ground freezes.
- You will get stunning, blazing purple blooms if the garden is left to flower fully.
- The spaghetti squash vines produce many spaghetti squashes per vine.
Benefits of Use
Artichokes remain firm and bitter when they are raw. Cooking gives the potato a boiled potato flavour and softens the texture. Among the thistle varieties cultivated for North America are globe artichoke, French artichoke, and green artichoke. Thistle leaves are edible before they bloom.
How to Care & Sow Artichoke Romanesco:
Growing purple globe artichokes and green globe artichokes differs only slightly. You can apply the same method we used to describe the green globe here. One small detail to consider is planting seeds in a seedbed 13mm deep in March and April. Use a 3 to a 4-inch pot for each seed. The pot should be two-thirds filled with compost-rich soil-based medium. Three to four seeds should be planted per row. Cutaway the weakest seedling.
Artichokes require patience to grow. A seed-grown plant reaches maturity in 110-150 days, while a division-grown plant does so in 100 days. It usually takes a plant two years to flower. For a second harvest, cut the plants down to an inch or two off the ground after harvesting has been completed. Artichoke plants need full sunlight may shade small plants if they are planted too close together.
- Season: March
- USDA Zones: 7-11
- Harvesting Time: 180 Days.
- Height: 3 Feet
- Blooming Season: Winter
- Type of soil: Loam
- Temperature: 10°C
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Angiosperms, Eudicots, Asterids
- Order: Asterales
- Family: Asteraceae
- Genus: Cynara
- Species: C. cardunculus
- Variety: C. c. var. scolymus
- Uses: Beneficial Vegetable
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World: 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
Delivery time: 3-8 working days
Shipping cost from: 3.50 EUR
Rest of the world
Delivery time: 4 to 12 working days
Shipping cost from: 4.45 Euros
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.