An Overview of Pink Cosmos Tall Flower
Cosmos is a semi-hardy annual with daisy-like flowers that are easy to grow from seed and bloom for a long time, from midsummer until the first frosts. They are ideal for filling in summer border gaps, look great in meadow-style planting schemes, and are ideal for display in containers.
What You'll Love
- To flower each year, it is necessary to sow the seeds again the following spring
- It is not necessary to prepare the soil for it
- You need to keep the plant moist but not let it drown
Benefits of Pink Cosmos Tall Flower
Gardeners should never underestimate the importance of pollinators and predatory insects in their gardens. Beneficial pollinators and insectivores attracted to cosmos flowers include scorpions, parasitic wasps, tachinid flies, and flycatchers. This is the most familiar member of the Cosmos family, and it is not edible, so be careful.
How to Care And Sow Pink Cosmos Tall Flower Seeds
With high-quality compost mixed soil, sow the seeds in trays or small pots. Use your hands or a block of wood to compact the compost. You can plant seeds immediately on top of the compost, one seed at a time if possible. It is recommended to place a small handful of seeds in each pot, cover with a 1-cm thick layer of compost or vermicompost, moisten with water and drain. You can place the plant in a propagation pot or plastic bag. Transplant the seedlings into separate pots when they have two leaves.
Rich soil will produce more foliage than flowers, so they prefer soil that is not too rich in nutrients. In addition, they need well-draining soil. Hot dry weather is not a problem for cosmos flowers. These plants will self-seed throughout your garden. Due to their height, staking may sometimes be necessary. You can also plant saplings against the fence for support. Over-watering and fertilizing will reduce the number of flowers on your Cosmos.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Product: Pink Cosmos Seeds
- Season: Spring
- USDA Zones: 2-11
- Days to Harvest: 70-120 Days
- Soil Type: Loamy
- Temperature: 20-25° Degrees C
- Scientific Name: Cosmos bipinnatus
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Angiosperms, Eudicots, Asterids
- Order: Asterales
- Family: Asteraceae
- Genus: Cosmos
- Species: Bipinnatus
- The delivery time for Ireland and Northern Ireland is usually two working days for orders placed before 4 pm.
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,00 Euros
- Rest of the World : 3 to 11 working days
- Shipping Cost: Starting at 2,90 Euros
- Shipping costs from 3.50 Euros except for Australia & New Zealand.
PLANT-MY-SEEDS specializes in supplying the best quality products with the best customer service on the market. To satisfy the needs of every customer, we support them from the day they purchase our product until the day they retire it. Feel free to contact us with any questions, as we are always available to assist you.
Delivery time: 3-8 working days
Shipping cost from: 3.50 EUR
Rest of the world
Delivery time: 4 to 12 working days
Shipping cost from: 4.45 Euros
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.