Overview of Gustosa Basil
Basil, also known as great basil, belongs to the Lamiaceae family of culinary herbs. A variety of basil, commonly called sweet basil or Genovese basil, is called basil in Western cuisine. Basil is native to tropical regions between Central Africa and Southeast Asia. Because the plant is tender, it is used in many cuisines worldwide.
More to love in Herb Gustosa Basil :
- Many medicines are made from the parts of the plant that grow above ground
- The use of basil is good for stomach problems such as spasms, loss of appetite, intestinal gas
- Moreover good for diarrhea, constipation, and many other conditions
- Basil Gustosa is one of the easiest herbs to cultivate indoors
Benefits of Herb Gustosa Basil
Gustosa Basil is a herb that offers many benefits, including:
- Versatility: it can be eaten raw or cooked
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: such as vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, iron, and vitamin K
- Good source of calcium, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids
- Medicinal properties: the oil extracted from its leaves can help treat infections, wounds, cuts, and acne
How to Sow and Care for Gustosa Basil Seeds
When planting seeds indoors, late February to mid-summer is best—Spread basil Gustosa seeds over the top of a 7,5 cm pot filled with seed compost. Firm down. Planting more seeds than you need is unnecessary, so plant just a few more.
Put the plant in a propagator after wrapping it in vermiculite and watering gently. If you do not have one, it does not matter. The pot can be covered with a clear, small freezer bag and secured with an elastic band. Germination usually takes ten days to 2 weeks at a temperature of 15-18°C.
Since the plants are easily grown, there is little need to worry about them. Basil gustosa should be planted outdoors after all frost danger has passed. Choose a sunny, sheltered spot with well-drained soil, or grow plants in containers.
When roots start showing through holes in the bottom of a pot, move it into a larger container until the pot is 20 cm in diameter. Regularly prune your plants' branches to keep them bushy and productive, and remove any flowers as soon as they appear. That's all you need to do.
Note: This Overview is intended as a guide only since cultural practices and climatic conditions may vary.
- Season: Summer
- USDA Zones: 10-11
- Days to Harvest: 60 Days.
- Height: 12-24 inches
- Soil Type: Moist
- Temperature: 15-18 degree celcius
- Kingdom: Plantae
- Clade: Tracheophytes, Angiosperms, Eudicots, Asterids
- Order: Lamiales
- Family: Lamiaceae
- Genus: Ocimum
- Species: O. basilicum
- Uses: Beneficial Herb
At PLANT-MY-SEEDS, we aim to provide exceptional quality products and unparalleled customer service in the industry. We take pride in delivering a superior experience to our valued customers from when they purchase to when they decide to retire our product. Should you have any inquiries or require assistance, we encourage you to contact us without hesitation. Our dedicated team is readily available to provide your guidance and support. Your satisfaction is our utmost priority, and we are committed to ensuring your experience with us is exceptional.
Delivery time: 3-8 working days
Shipping cost from: 3.50 EUR
Rest of the world
Delivery time: 4 to 12 working days
Shipping cost from: 4.45 Euros
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.